National University Polytechnic Institute (NUPI) offers students the opportunity to train in realistic environments ranging from offshore projects to diving in harbors and from piers. The commercial diving school in San Diego has a state of the art campus, 44,000 gallon dive tank, and multiple off-site diving platforms. Students are provided a relevant combination of skill and knowledge vital to pursuing a career as a commercial diver. Students in the program will spend a majority of their time becoming proficient at diving with a wide variety of dive helmets, setting up dive spreads, operating and maintaining compressors, working on oil pipe projects, learning how to cut and weld metal both on land and in the water, operating hydraulic tools and lift bags, develop strong underwater welding skills, and experiencing many of the same tasks performed by commercial divers in the industry. Not only does this prepare students for a solid career in commercial diving, it provides them with the confidence and self-esteem to prevail under the most challenging circumstances. Preparing students for a career in commercial diving requires extensive training in underwater construction, inspection, salvage, installation, and underwater welding. NUPI graduates qualify in surface supplied air diving, mixed gas diving, commercial scuba, underwater welding, underwater construction, and specialize in either, or both, diving medicine or non-destructive testing.
- PMTX 1012X Commercial Diving Orientation
- PMTX 1014X Diving Physics & Air Decomp.
- PMTX 1022X Medical Aspects of Diving
- PMTX 1024X Decomp. Chamber & Forklift Op.
- PMTX 1028X Basic Surface Supply Diving
- PMTX 1017X Com. SCUBA & Inland Diving
- PMTX 1031X Diving Operations I
- PMTX 1035X Diving Operations II
- PMTX 1033X Mixed Gas Diving
- PMTX 1015X Diving Administration
- PMTX 1070X Underwater Cutting & Welding