Petrofac selected Dutch design company Ulstein Sea of Solutions to design Petrofac JSD 6000 deepwater derrick lay vessel.
The vessel features the following:
– allows to serve deepwater
– SURF markets as well as shallow water EPCI projects
– NOV revolving main crane with 5,000 mt lifting capacity
– combination of a 600 mt Remacut S-lay system via a centre firing line below main deck
– 2,000 mt IHC EB J-lay system via a moonpool
The expected construction and installation will take place in early 2017 at ZPMC yard in China.
We are very pleased that Petrofac selected us for designing their first offshore construction vessel,” says Edwin van Leeuwen, managing director at Ulstein Sea of Solutions. “We feel it is a recognition of our design capabilities for this high end market. It is the third customised version of our succesfull ULSTEIN SOC 5000 design after the ‘Seven Borealis’ and ‘Aegir’, which are both already in operation. The success of the project comes for account of the close cooperation between Petrofac’s team and our project team, managed by Sjaak Jan Jiskoot.