Oilex Ltd disclosed Tuesday that the 4.5 inch production casing has been successfully set and cemented at Cambay-77H well in the Cambay Production Sharing Contract in Cambay Basin, Gujarat, India April 19. The wellbore is now secured for the fracture stimulation program. Essar Land Rig #4 is currently preparing to demobilize from the site. This may take up to three weeks, after which a further four weeks may be required to complete mobilization of the fracture stimulation equipment, material and personnel in addition to the well test equipment and personnel.
As previously reported, the primary reservoir target (Y Zone) has been intersected on prognosis. A comprehensive suite of logs has been acquired and preliminary interpretation confirms the wellbore intersected a significant sequence of hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir similar to Cambay-76H. The Cambay-77H logs also compare favorably to Cambay-73 vertical well, which produced from the Y zone at around 1 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) plus condensate and is located approximately 0.62 mile (1 kilometer) from Cambay-77H.
Cambay-77H is offset 984 feet (300 meters) from the Cambay-76H horizontal well that underwent a successful multiple staged fracture stimulation program along its 2,076 feet (633 meters) lateral section in 2012. However, it was suspended before testing due to downhole mechanical problems. Prior to suspending the well, gas and condensate flowed to surface during well control operations.
A shorter lateral section 1,148 feet (350 meters) in Cambay-77H coupled with a conventional “plug and perf” method for fracture stimulation is expected to facilitate the primary goal of the well – recording hydrocarbon flow information at surface during a production test.
The drilling operations are complete and Oilex will continue to inform the market about progress during the fracture stimulation work on a milestone basis as indicated below.
- Setting and cementing of the 13.375 inch casing at approximately 1,935 feet (590 meters) measured depth (MD)
- Setting and cementing of the 9.625 inch casing at approximately 5,413 feet (1,650 meters) MD
- Completion of drilling operations at well TD, at approximately 7,742 feet (2,360 meters) MD
- Setting and cementing of the 4.5 inch production casing
- Completion of mobilization of the fracture stimulation spread to site
- Completion of the fracture stimulation program
- Any announcements in relation to flow back and production testing will be dictated by the well response to the stimulation program
Managing Director of Oilex, Ron Miller, said;
“Drilling operations are now complete after approximately 23 operational days, (excluding rig downtime) compared to 30 days as previously announced. We are encouraged by the amount of hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir penetrated as well as its apparent quality from the logs. We look forward to conducting the fracture stimulation program and subsequent flow test to realize the full potential of this reservoir.”