Are looking for movies related to commercial diving or divers in general?We’ve created a list of must-see movies.
1. Abyss ( 1989 ) – a film directed by James Cameron, starring Ed Harris, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, and Michael Biehn.
This American science fiction-adventure movie focuses on USS Montana, a US ballistic missile submarine which sinks close to the edge of the Cayman Trough after the accidental collision with unidentified object.
Genre: Adventure | Drama | Sci-Fi
2. Men of Honour (2000) – a film directed by George Tillman, Jr. , starring Robert de Niro and Cuba Gooding, Jr.. The story evolves in the first African-American US Navy and the man who trained him. The lead actor in the story proves himself as a diver by rescuing a fellow student.
3. Sanctum (2011) – an Australian film directed by Alister Grierson starring Richard Roxburgh, Rhys Wakefield and Ioan Gruffudd.
This film is about the life-threatening crisis of cave diving team during expedition of unexplored cave system in the world.
Genre: Adventure | Drama | Thriller
4. The Dive (Dykket), 1989 – a Norwegian film directed by Tristan DeVere Cole, starring Bjørn Sundquist, Frank Grimes and Michael Kitchen.This movie tells a story of two deep see divers trapped in a diving bell at the bottom of the sea.
Genre: Action | Thriller | Drama
5. Around the World Undersea, 1966 – a film directed by Andrew Marton and starring Lloyd Bridges, with Marshall Thompson, Shirley Eaton, Gary Merrill, and David McCallum.
This story is about crews who plant sensors deep sea to predict impending earthquakes.
Genre: Action | Adventure