Website Ballard Marine Construction
Underwater Marine Construction
WHY JOIN BALLARD MARINE CONSTRUCTION?Ballard Marine Construction is a specialty marine and underwater contractor based in Washougal, WA, with regional offices and projects throughout North America.
Why join Ballard? It’s simple. You get to work on really cool stuff with really cool people. We live by our values – Safety, Team First, Loyalty, Integrity and Respect. Our employees are our success. It’s really that simple. You want to work here. Really.
Performs dives in a compressed air environment. This position is performed by certified commercial divers that support dive operations.
**This position will be performing work for clients that are requiring that all personnel be vaccinated for COVID. We only considering applications of individuals who are fully vaccinated.**
Responsible for the safe and effective operation of Hyperbaric chambers through the course of diving operations. Ensures chambers are in a constant state of readiness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Monitors and control the pressure inside a hyperbaric chamber to monitor the health of divers within the chamber
– Make necessary changes in pressure necessary to allow the diver to readjust to sea level pressures.
– Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of the chamber.
– Will work with other divers, tenders, and Ballard personnel to plan for safe operations for commercial diving activities and other construction activities that occur throughout a project.
– Performs gas analysis, gage management, mixed gas monitoring and monitors slide and ventilation rates.
– Recognize the signs and symptoms of CNS O2 toxicity, Hypercapnia, POIS, and decompression sickness and respond with the correct course of action.
– Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Certifications:
– High school diploma or equivalent
Diploma from ADCE Compliant Commercial Dive School
– Current ADCI Certification for the type of diving being performed or CHT certification
– ALST Certification
– DCBC Certification
– Current First Aid, CPR, AED, Oxygen Administration Certifications
– OSHA 10 Hour – Construction
Skills & Other Requirements:
– Knowledgeable of the physical laws that influence pressure and its relation to volume, temperature, pressure and the effects of pressure on gases entering a diver’s bloodstream.
– Knowledge of pressure-related symptoms and pressure related injuries and illnesses that a diver in recompression may suffer.
– Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manor (verbal and written)
– Able to work in a team environment
– Works well must work in a high demand environment
– Knowledge of OSHA regulations
– Must have a positive outlook and willingness to learn.
Ballard Marine Construction, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended.